Friday, May 25, 2012

Mother's Fancy And A Winner

These bigger blocks are a bit harder to photograph, but they are fun to make.  This was a great test for the 1/4-inch seam allowance and a few blocks would easily make a bed-sized quilt.


I usually crop off the seam allowance around the outside of the blocks, but it is nice to see the whole block with this one.  I did use red, white, and blue for the Memorial weekend.  This is block number 146 of 366 and it is a 14-inch block.

Now for the winner.  First of all, I have thoroughly been enjoying all the comments.  So many of you have the same dream projects I do, and the recurring theme, just to finish them! :)  I keep trying, and hopefully I will see some progress in that area this weekend.  The winner was comment number 153 who just happens to be Jenniffier Kramer.  


Jenniffier, I will be sending you an email shortly.  Thank you everyone for entering, I wish I had 
194 scissors to give away.  I am linking with Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?  Happy Memorial Day 
weekend and Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Karen O said...

Congratulations to the winner! I love this block Kirsten. Can you believe the quilt show is only 3 weeks away!! We need to figure out when we are going to meet.