Well, 2021 flew by, and one thing I've realized is I need to get back to my happy place, so here I am. :)
Later this week I will be showing a few blocks that I have made for the Fat Quarter Shop Mayflower block pattern that is coming out as well as a giveaway to go along with it. I used Petal Power by Me and My Sister Designs for my project which is a fabric line I fell in love with!!
I have a list of quilts I am hoping to make this year, in no particular order, but I am hoping to be able to kind of keep up with the sew alongs.
1. Winter Walk in the Woods with Joanna Figoursa (Fig Tree and Co) and Susan Vaughan (The Felted Pear).
2. The 2022 mystery quilt with Laundry Basket Quilts.
3. 2022 Patchwork Hearts QAL with Emily Dennis.
4. Pineapple Quilt Along with Gigi's Thimble.
5. Holiday Forest with Laundry Basket Quilts.
6. Bauhaus with Brigitte Heitland.
7. RBD block challenge (Riley Blake).
8. Probably about 20 others I find along the way (Fat Quarter Shop has a few that I would love to join in also)
There is nothing saying I won't take a detour from this list, but there is one thing I've discovered over the last year...if I make a list, I get way more accomplished...so my quilting list for 2022 is started. And if I decide to make one block, ditch the quilt and construct a pillow, that may happen also. This is a great place to start.
Tonight we are in a blizzard warning which includes 50 mph winds--perfect weather to snuggle under a quilt and dream of new projects this year may bring.
Make sure to check back in a couple of days for the new Fat Quarter Shop Mayflower pattern and giveaway. Happy Stitching!!--Kristen