Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Little Cross Stitch, Some Knitting, and Mother's Own

I love long weekends.  I always feel like I have just a little more time for those things that usually are long forgotten.  When I got up this morning I decided to do a little cross stitching.


This is a A Quaker Christmas II by ByGone Stitches.  I'm doing it on 40 count linen (which means 40 threads per inch) and I'm loving it.  Anyone who knows me knows I love Christmas and I usually start singing Christmas Carols in July.  I started this a couple of weeks ago, and I'm almost finished with the first page of the pattern (only 17 more to go).


After my nap (I was really lazy today, but in my defense, it was a rainy, stormy day) I decided to pick up this scarf again.  I had started this a few years ago and lost the pattern, don't ask, I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who starts a knitting project and loses the pattern half way through.  But all is well now, and I have just about a skein and a half of Koigu yarn to knit yet and it will be finished!


And last, but certainly not least, I finished today's block.  I have never seen this block before.  It was a simple stitch with oddly sized pieces and I'm not sure I'm crazy about it.  It probably needs at least four more of them to make sense.  It is called Mother's Own and is an 8-inch block.  It is number 147 of 366.   I also did some shopping today, so I must say I really did enjoy my Saturday.  I figured the laundry and cleaning can wait until tomorrow.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend as much as I am.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You have made so many lovely blocks again, I do like the star one you made on Memorial Day. Sounds like you had a nice day, I love your cross stitch and your knitting looks fab, I keep wanting to do some knitting but can't decide what! Wendy xx

DangAndBlast! said...

Wow, I had to go look up the whole cross stitch pattern - that is impressive! I did a large ganesha for my hindu in-laws a few years back...now I just stick to small projects rather than huge ones!