Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Basket

Happy May Day!  I remember being a little girl and loving the first day of May.  We would make our baskets out of Dixie cups with pipe cleaners the night before and then fill them with fun treats.  On May 1 we would hurry home from school and quietly place them on our friend's doorsteps, ring the doorbell and run!  We didn't want to get caught, and we wanted to get home so we could try and catch the kids leaving baskets on our doorsteps.


Today's block is tiny.  In fact, when I showed it to my husband he asked me if I left it in the clothes dryer too long.  I guess after that 15-inch block the other day this is pretty small.  It is a 5-inch block and is number 122 of 366 (one third completed).



Being that it is the 1st of May I had to pick some Lily of the Valley.  They are so tiny, but they fill a whole room with their fragrance.  I hope your May Day was as sweet as ours was.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Sue said...

Well done keeping up with your blocks, the lily of the valley are so pretty I can almost smell them..

Wendy said...

Beautiful block. Lily of the valley ... oh, how lovely!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a sweet block! We used to make May baskets and leave them on the neighbors doors too1