Monday, April 30, 2012

Arizona and Design Wall Monday

Since today's block is called Arizona, I knew I just had to have some yellow in it.  Arizona is one state I have been to (I really do not travel far from home much) and something I remember about it...the absolutely beautiful blue sky and the warm sun.


Although there are a lot of pieces in this block, they are relatively easy to put together, lots of half-square triangles and a few flying geese.  This is block number 121 of 366 and this is a 12-inch block.  It is hard to believe that tomorrow is May 1 already!


Speaking of flying geese and my design wall...I made a few flying geese units last night...49 to be exact.  Now to get them all put together.  I was in the mood for a pink quilt...hopefully I can get it finished this week.  I'm linking with Judy for Design Wall Monday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Vicki H. said...

The yellow is a great choice and gives the block a sunny look. I lived in New Mexico a bit and I remember that sun. Don't see it much here in Michigan. wonder what the Michigan block looks like...

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Love the sunshine in Arizona - you are right about the yellow - it looks great!

Are you working your way through the flip calendar block a day?

Judy