Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Basket Mistake

Today is another May basket block.  I was excited because it had a little bit of applique on it.  I love to do handwork so I quickly pieced my block and got to work on the applique.  I was thinking about how much fun it is to do hand work and how I really do like it.  Then I took the picture....


It didn't take two seconds for me to realize that I had appliqued the handle onto the wrong side of the block.  So, I unsewed the handle and put it on the right side...


It looks so much better on this side.  This is a 6-inch block and is number 123 of 366.  I am linking with WIP Wednesday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Kristen........been there. done that........it happens most when I "know what I'm doing"....and just go full steam ahead.....your basket is lovely.....even when the handle was on the wrong side....LOL...

Kaye R said...

Bahahaha, at least it was a simple block to make the mistake on. All your blocks are fab, sorry been a little busy sewing myself and have missed blog hopping. Happy tomorrow's block.

Wendy said...

I love basket blocks, your's is lovely.

scraphappy said...

Adorable fabric. I didn't even realize the handle was on the wrong side until I saw the second picture. Great block.