Sunday, May 13, 2012

Flower Pot and Stash Report

Today's block is a bit odd, but after stitching it I thought about how wonderful it would be to make a small quilt with maybe 6 or 10 of these blocks.  Each flower could be a different color and I think it would make a really cute quilt...it could even be used as a doll quilt.



It is only a 5-inch block.  The pattern had used blue, and after piecing it I wished I had used a different color.  If I do make the small quilt I could still use this one and I'm sure it would be fine.  This is block number 134 of 366.

Stash Report....

Used this week:  0 yards
Used year to date:  2.5 yards
Added to this week:  0 yards
Added to year to date: 96.25 yards
Net used for 2012:  -93.75  


I have a funny stash report note this week.  I added nothing.  And although I finish a block a day, nothing has been completed for a while now.  My family went to an antique fair today and we found some beautiful old hand quilted quilts.  My husband informed me that if I didn't start finishing something soon he might just have to start buying some of these old quilts.  I think that was supposed to be incentive to finish something!  It is so nice to know he actually appreciates what I do.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen


No comments: