Monday, May 14, 2012

Bird House And An Old Quilt

I'm so ready for summer break from school for my son.  He had a late start today and that left room for me to complete my block BEFORE work.  :)  Only 12 more days of school and we will have three months of late starts (for him), I still have to work.


The bird house is a simple block with simple piecing, but the applique was fun as it was a circle instead of a stem.  I used the Perfect Circles by Karen Kay Buckley.  They work great and I would suggest them to anyone who needs to applique a circle.  Definitely easy to use.  This is block number 135 of 366 and it is a 6 x 10 inch block.


Yesterday while at an antique fair we found this quilt.  The entire quilt was hand quilted and I can only imagine how long it took to complete.  Unfortunately I was using my phone and it didn't get the best photos, but this quilt was amazing.


When I find something like this somewhere unexpected it really inspires me to continue working on all my huge projects...when they are finished, they really are worth it.  There was no one around this quilt to give me any information about it, but who ever worked on it was definitely talented!  I'm linking today with Design Wall Monday and Manic Monday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

5 comments:

beaquilter said...

cute birdhouse! did you needle turn or machine applique?

Kendra from missknittas studio said...

What an adorable birdhouse block! Well done :)

Cathy Tomm said...

Your bird house is very cute. I just love the red quilt you found.

Vicki H. said...

Very cute block. Yes the old quilts really are inspirational. I look for them when ever I am out and about. Lovely stitching in them too,.

kwiltnkats said...

Your moving along with your "year" project. I like the background fabric you found. Reminds me of a bird's foot print. Sandi