Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jack in the Box

I know I did a block similar to this one at one point this year.  I'm going to have to dig through the enormous pile of blocks to see if I can find it.  The reason I remember doing something similar to this is because I did the same thing I did today.  I thought all day I had an easy block with nothing but half square triangles and that it would be a breeze.  It was not a hard block to make, I just had to rethink it a bit.  It is made with half square triangles and flying geese which means I couldn't attach the whole seam with the flying geese at one time.


The calendar had this one with a black pinwheel in the middle.  I realize that would have created more contrast, but I like how you can see the X better when only two colors are used.  This is block number 235 of 366 and it is a 10-inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Nice block, ambitious project!! Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday.