Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cake Stand, February Cottage, and Some Hexies

Today I just had to work on some hexies, had to, I'm too close to having them all done not to give them at least a few minutes a day.


I was kind of in a pink mood today, as you can see.  These are numbers 132 through 134, I don't have far to go to 140.


I was going to post this last night, but my camera battery was low and didn't want to work with me.  I need to get working on the March cottage as the April one is in the mail.  March of course is a green cottage, and April is purple. I love seeing this project progress.


Last but not least is the Cake Stand block.  It is an 8-inch block and is number 68 of 366.  It reminds me of a basket.  

We went outside to see if we could catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights tonight, but it was a bit too early and it was so windy we decided to forget it. Hopefully tomorrow night we drive a little ways out of town so we can really see them.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Oh, I would LOVE to see the Northern Lights someday!! Thanks for sharing all of your projects--you're getting a lot done! :o)

Anonymous said...

Great hexies. You are very close to getting them all finished. Love the embroidery too.

Josie said...

Your hexies are so pretty... I happen to like pink! :o) Gorgeous cross stiching too... you have been very busy.
I went outside (Scotland) to look for the Northern Lights but there was too much cloud to see anything. I'm trying again tonight...