Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival

I always look forward to the "quilt show" at Amy's Creative Side when quilt market rolls around.  Sometimes I enter a quilt, sometimes I don't, but I always enjoy seeing what people have to show.  My dream is to someday go to quilt market, but since I haven't had that privilege yet, I love seeing what everyone has made.

AmysCreativeSide

This year the entries are divided into different categories to enter which means there are a lot of different types of quilts to look at...and I think makes it all the more fun.


My entry in the wall hanging category is the Star Surround quilt I made just recently.  The blocks are 24 inches and the wall hanging is 48 inches square.  I used Michael Miller batiks which I think made the stars all the more stunning.


I did the machine quilting on my home sewing machine and tried a few new techniques for me.  The quilt festival can be found here where you can nominate the quilts you think should be in the voting process and then can go back again and vote for your favorites the week of November 1-8.  Have fun and thanks for visiting.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I really like your Star Surround

CitricSugar said...

Lovely - those batiks are great!

Wendy said...

Your quilt is so gorgeous, I do love this one. I had a look at the link, I do not see how to vote for yours though?