Wednesday, July 17, 2013

It Is Finally Finished!

I took some time to finally figure out how to use the Binding Tool and I am so glad I did.  I've messed up many a binding trying to use it, but this time I sat with my Kindle next to the cutting table and sewing machine and worked right along with the video.  The Binding Tool was a daily special one day at the Missouri Quilt Company which was the nudge I needed to try it.  It works perfectly once you figure it out and Jenny's YouTube video is great!


I am so happy with the way this turned out.  I kept trying to figure out different ways to quilt this one and with all the piecing I decided to just enhance it with quilting in the ditch.  One good thing about quilting your own quilts is you can see where you did everything right and also where there is room for improvement.  There are 228 pieces in this 16 by 21 inch quilt.  :)  Funny how a finish can inspire the desire to start another.  Happy Stitching!!

Kristen

4 comments:

Sowing Stitches said...

Yippie!! Your quilt looks GREAT!!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Just beautiful! I think you made a wise choice on the quilting as the piecing is definitely "star quality".

Wendy said...

Your quilt is gorgeous Kristen, a really beautiful finish!

Unknown said...

I love it, you did a great job❤