Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm Missing Making a Block A Day

Although I am enjoying being plenty rested everyday, I am missing making a block a day.  It was fun to have a goal each evening and then watching as it progressed.  As I was sifting through my 366 blocks again the other day I realized that I need to be doing something, even if only for a few minutes each day.   So my new goal is to make one project a month using some of those 366 blocks and then work on another block of the month everyday.  I have a few BOMs that are all ready to go (meaning I have ALL the kits for the whole quilt), and if I do one or two blocks a day the quilt should be completely pieced in a short period of time.






I am going to start with my Stars and Sprigs quilt.  These are the pieced blocks for the first month.  I was also supposed to do three applique blocks a month.  I haven't decided yet if I am going to finish all the piecing and then do the applique or if I am going to do them at the same time.  I haven't quite decided yet if I am going to machine applique, blanket stitch, or hand applique those blocks.  There are a lot of leaves so once I start doing it one way, there is no going back.


My goal is to have this completed April 1 (which just happens to be April Fool's Day).  When I say completed, I mean totally finished and ready to use.  I'm not going to stress out if I don't complete it by then, but I am going to make a decent effort.  I have 84 days to finish 82 more blocks and some very busy borders.  Now to get to work.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

8 comments:

Lynette said...

Go for it! It's a very pretty quilt. Love those borders.

krisgray said...

Good Luck! That is one lovely pattern - love those fabrics, too!

Jacqueline said...

You are so ambitious. Can't wait to see your progress as it goes along.

PatSloan said...

This is going to be amazing! Thank you for sharing on my blog's Show and Tell Link party today!

Stella Nemeth said...

That is a huge amount of quilting to be doing every day. But it is one beautiful quilt, and I like the blocks you have already made.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

This will be a beautiful quilt, have fun!

CharlotteT said...

Your Dresden is very nice, so inventive! I signed up to follow your blog!
Charlotte

CharlotteT said...

Love your Dresden! Like the giveaway also!