Friday, December 28, 2012

Three Steps

Three steps and three more blocks to go.  I received a Kindle this Christmas and tonight I realized I can watch "The Quilt Show" with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims while I sew...which was really exciting until I had to do some unsewing.  I thought I wanted to be able to "watch" TV while sewing, but really I like listening to TV.  This was such a good program I think I'm going to have to watch it again as it was all about machine applique.


Every quilt and every quilt project is a journey.  Some are short trips and some are long and take you a lot of different places.  Not all quilts are started and completed before other things get in the way and they are set aside.  I have learned so much this year not only about my quilting and the parts of it I really enjoy, I'm not so fond of, and things I look forward to trying, but I also learned a lot about me as a person.  As I looked back today at the 363 blocks I realized how each one is special in its own way, be it very complicated or simple, I took the time to construct it and I am so excited to see what it can become in the future.  This is number 363 of 366 and it is a 12-inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

1 comment:

Marge said...

I am so excited for the end! Can't wait to see what the last block is, and then all of the blocks together. Going to be awesome!