Monday, November 26, 2012

Mayflower and All 331 Blocks

I've already made one of these ship blocks, and I can confirm that because I went through all my blocks yesterday and made a nice stack.  The good thing about this block is that it is cute and there are not a lot of pieces...it would make an adorable quilt for a little boy.  This is number 331 of 366 and it is an 8-inch block.


Now for the massive stack of quilt blocks.  Ever since I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had all my quilt blocks stacked by our computer and the internet repair lady commented on them, I have received numerous requests to see the "stack."  There was no way I was going to show you the pile the way it was because each night I would just put the last one finished on the top...and it was kind of messy.  So I decided I would sort them all by size and see just how big this adventure has been.


Here they are...my son helped me measure it and the entire pile is 26-1/2 inches tall.  Most of the blocks are 9, 10, and 12 inches, but of course there are a lot of other "odd" sized blocks.


It was fun going through them all...and the last 35 will be put in their proper place.  :)  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

7 comments:

Cathy said...

That Mayflower block would make a cute boy's quilt. I'll have to keep it in mind for my scraps.

What are you going to do with your pile of blocks?

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

That is one impressive pile of blocks. I enjoy seeing them every day and am looking forward to seeing what you do with them once you have finished. hugs

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

É a mais linda pilha que já vi,parabéns.beijo.

Sheila said...

Wish I had that pile in my sewing room, it's beautiful :)

krisgray said...

WOW!! Have you figured out many quilts you can make with all those blocks? Very impressive! Shows great resolve to do one block every day.

Wendy said...

Lovely new block and your stack is really amazing! Well done Kristen for sticking at it.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I don't think I've ever seen a stack of blocks that high! What are you going to do with them all? I admire your stick-to-it-ive-ness.