Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn Tints

October 1 is a special day at our house.  It is our wedding anniversary.  Seems like time flies so quickly when you start counting anniversaries and birthdays, but I'm always thankful to see another one roll around.  We had a beautiful fall day to enjoy, perfect temperature, sunny sky with no clouds, and lovely foliage everywhere.  Who could ask for more?


This is an interesting block.  Simple cuts, simple sewing, but there can be a trick to getting all the seams to line up.  It reminds me of leaves.  It is a 10-1/2 inch block and is number 275 of 366. With the seasons changing so do the sports...soccer season is almost over and then we will move into the gym for some basketball.  I've already got my project bag packed and ready for some hand sewing while I wait, although I am going to enjoy the last few days outside in this awesome weather.  Happy Stitching!  --Kristen

4 comments:

In stitches and seams said...

very nice block. the choice of just two colors makes a very sharp/ crisp looking block. Will you be making more to make a quilt or runner???
in stithces

Rosa said...

Wonderful block.Happy belated anniversary.Thanks for sharing.

kate brown said...

Thats a great block, I made a simular one years ago and always loved it!

Wendy said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! And your block is beautiful.