Monday, August 27, 2012

Rocking Horse

All day today I was just dreading making this block.  It wasn't that it was complicated to piece or that I don't like rocking horses, and it wasn't the 55 pieces in the block.  If you had asked me at 8 a.m. this morning what was wrong with the block I couldn't have told you.  After finishing it I know what it was.


I didn't care for the way the mane and tail embroidery was done.  I didn't draw my embroidery lines on mine the way it was shown in the calendar, I just kind of stitched where I thought they should be.  I also think if I would have had more time tonight I would have made a tail out of embroidery thread and then attached that.  After all is said and done I actually think I like it.  This is block number 239 of 366 and it is a 10-1/2 inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a cute block, I love the mane and tail you made.

Debra Lee said...

Love it! I use a tassel for my horses tails!

Nancy said...

I think your horse is adorable. The thing that would frustrate me about the block is all the little white squares when longer rectangles could have been used. Is this part of a larger quilt with different blocks or will you make many horses for one quilt?