Friday, August 17, 2012

Building Blocks and Some Knitting

I woke up today and I just knew it was going to be a better day.  First off, it was 49 degrees this morning...fall is in the air and it is my favorite time of year.  The first thing I did this morning was make my block and enjoy the morning sun (obviously it doesn't take much to make me happy).


This is block number 230 of 366 and it is a 10-inch block.  Oh the things you can do with a 2-1/2 inch square.


I took a nap today (see what a great day it was) and then decided I should work on this knit blanket.  I think it looks like candy or a yummy cake.  It is FNSI tonight and seeing as how I took a nap and there are Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn movies on tonight, I'm set.  I am making this as a lap blanket, not too big, not too small, just right for using in the car or on the couch when I'm stitching this fall/winter.  I just started with two balls of yarn and do two rows of knit stitch with each color and then switch.  Easy to do and hopefully will go quickly so I have something to show tomorrow.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

No comments: