Monday, May 7, 2012

Pot of Flowers and a BOM Block

Today's block made me remember my applique days.  It has been a while since I've gotten to sit down and do more than a few stems on a block.


I almost started to panic when it was getting pretty late and I had the four leaves to applique yet.  The one is a little funky, but it didn't take long and it all came back.  I think I may take the one leaf off and redo it, but not tonight! :)  This is a 10-inch block and is number 128 of 366.


Today's block actually made me start thinking that this Stars and Sprigs pattern might be a possibility.  I'm pretty sure there are only 1200 leaves on this one (I actually haven't counted them).  I think maybe that will be something for next year, a leaf a day?! :)  I think it might be more like 5 leaves a day.


 I also finished the Kansas City Star BOM for last month.  I need to get to work on the next one now so I stay caught up.  I'm linking with Judy for Design Wall Monday and Manic Monday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh this one is a pretty one, your applique looks great!

Teresa F. said...

Lovely block. I think the stems look good.

Nancy said...

I like your 365 block. I was given that calendar for Christmas several years ago and always thought I would like to make all the blocks one day. Now I have you to follow so I don't need to do it myself.

Hilachas said...

OMG, that is a gorgeous block. That's a lot of applique for that quilt. It will be beautiful.