Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memory Wreath

It is so nice to finish early.  Last night I finished late...and I ended up making three of the same block.  There was some sort of a problem, I'm just glad I finished, and I'm moving on to other things.


This block was fun, it is block 152 of 366 and it is a 12-inch block.  It was an easy stitch even though it looks more difficult that it is.  It reminds me of the summer sun.  I'm in the summer mood as tomorrow marks the end of the school year for my son.  He has had perfect attendance which has been a huge accomplishment for him.  He has tried so hard to achieve it in years past and was pretty excited tonight to receive his certificate.  We tend to celebrate the little things, a good grade on a paper, being able to finish the mile (rather than really worrying about the time), being able to eat a meal and not get sick (we have some serious allergies here), or even just finishing one block a day.  Do me a favor tomorrow as you start the new month of June, celebrate a little accomplishment.  Maybe decide on a pattern to start, pick out some fabric for a quilt, or cut out just a few pieces.  If it isn't starting a new project, get out an old one and figure out how to get going on it again.  It is the little accomplishments that end up making the whole finished project a success. I'd love to hear what your celebrated little accomplishment is..and it doesn't have to have anything to do with quilting.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Karen O said...

Kristen, did you get my email about Rochester? I responded to your response to my last comment. Whew, that was a circular sentence.

Wendy said...

Lovely block and love your post too. A agree, it is nice to celebrate the little things.