Monday, January 9, 2012

Spool and Bobbin

Today was one of those days that if I told you everything that actually happened you would never believe me...never.  I will give you just a recap of part of it.  I had to start work early because my son had a late start for school.  I took him to school and then had to leave work early to go to the funeral of a dear friend's mother.  When I left the funeral there was a cop putting a parking ticket on my car.  I ran a block yelling "no" and she actually took the ticket back (thank goodness because it would have been $15)!  After making a spaghetti dinner, basketball practice, saying prayers, and getting everything cleaned up, I finally sat down to make my block for today.




This 8-inch block is number 9 of 366 and is called Spool and Bobbin.  As I was choosing the fabrics for this block and then cutting the 10 pieces for it I realized how much I was actually just enjoying the process and that it is a block that has probably been overlooked many times.  It was so nice to be able to cut and sew something together in 15 minutes at the end of a terribly busy and mentally exhausting day.  I did learn something while working on it... take the time to do something you love every single day, and make sure you tell those closest to you that you love them.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You are doing so well with this, do you hope to put them all together into one quilt?

Kaye R said...

Looking good. I'm glad it was an easy block for your hard day.