Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sew and Sew and Sew

When I turned the calendar over this morning I almost passed out.  :)  The block is a sewing machine and seriously I had no idea where to even start.  I figured if nothing else, I had better start as soon as I was done at work because it might take a long time to finish, my husband was working late, and my son had basketball.




All was fine after I chose my fabrics.  It really didn't take long to finish..although I still need to add two large buttons for knobs on the right side and there is a little embroidery work so that it has a needle and looks threaded.  I would rather wait with the buttons until the quit is finished anyway.  There were three pieces that had no measurements, and although there were fractions involved, I actually figured it out on my own (helping my son with his homework must be helping).  This block is called Sew and Sew and is number 11 of 366.

It is a wonderful snowy night here, and I'm going to find a nice warm blanket and a hand project to work on.  I'm also linking with WIP Wednesday and Made by Me Wednesday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

5 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Kristen, I love that sewing machine block! It will be so cute when you add the buttons for knobs, too. Way to go with the fractions. :o)

Linz said...

That is CUTE!! Way to go figuring that out!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous sewing machine!!

Anonymous said...

Another great block. Are they all going to end up in the same quilt together?

Roseanne said...

O wow your sewing machine block is gorgeous I just love it well done.