Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Favorite

Today's block is Old Favorite.  I worked on it early this morning and actually had it ready for posting by 11 a.m.  I took the pictures, wrote the post, and then sat and looked at it.  There was something just a little off, so I tore it apart and started over.  Yes, I'm becoming weird like that.


Nothing was wrong with it, other than I didn't pin every seam, and they needed to be pinned.  Another thing I have learned in the last week while working with triangles...things go better when I pin and press.  The more pins I use and the more steam the better things work out.  I never used to pin this much, never.  This block is a 12-inch block, and after working with much smaller blocks with more pieces, this actually seams large.  I can hear that Dear Jane quilt with all those little blocks calling my name, but first I have to finish the Farmer's Wife quilt and another 342 blocks. :)  This is block 24 of 366.  

I'm linking today with Fabric Tuesday.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Very nice! It was worth all the pressing and pinning! Love the red and white!

Theresa said...

It's lovely - I can't manage to get anything right without pins, I have the very thin Clover ones with glass heads, they're marvellous.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I don't pin much unless it is something that has to be very precise.