Sunday, January 1, 2012

December Finishes and January Starts

I'm beginning to really look forward to the monthly finishes at Lily's Quilts.  I actually surprised myself this month.




I made great progress on my Birdie Stitches blocks.  I still have two more to go, but I'm afraid they will go to the bottom of the pile until this one is drawn for the UFO of the month.


Then there are my Fat Quarter Shop BOMs.  I can't believe I finished three this month, but here they are.  I'm going to try and keep caught up this year.  It won't be long until the last block is here and there will be another quilt starting.


What really surprises me are the 23 hexie flowers.  I finished 11 of them last night, numbers 100-110.  After doing 110 of them I finally figured out a faster way to sew them together.  I sure hope that 111 through 140 go as quickly as they did last night.  Course it was New Years' Eve, and there really wasn't much to watch on TV...and we all made it to 12 a.m. and 30 seconds before we fell asleep.


 I almost forgot my CCN January Cottage...I sure can tell I had last week off of work.


This block is from Nancy Martin's 365 Quilt Blocks a Year perpetual calendar.  I will be posting more about this project tomorrow.  This 6" snowball block is the block for today, January 1.

I'm also listing my stash report with Patchwork Times.  This year it is my goal to use more than I buy and decrease my stash by a LOT.

Used this week:  0
Used year to date:  0
Added to this week:  0
Added to year to date:  0
Net used for 2012:  0

Great numbers right?  Next month is going to show progress, I promise!  Thank you so much for stopping by and Happy New Year...2011 has been so blessed for me with all the people I have met through this blog.  I am really looking forward to what 2012 brings.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

Your Fat Quarter Shop BOMs are great! But then, so are the rest of your projects! Stopping by from Lily's Quilts! :)

from blank pages...

Nicky said...

Hi Kristen
Your hexie flowers and all your other projects are fantastic. I'm intrigued by the new way you have of joining the hexie flowers, as I am painfully slow at it! Maybe you wouldn't mind sharing please? Thanks, Nicky
PS - Your blog is fantastic, I always enjoy seeing what you've been stitching.......

Wendy said...

Wow Kristen, you are getting so much done and all your projects look beautiful! I would be interested in your new way of joining hexies too!