Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm so excited!!

Christmas is coming!   Can you believe a week from today is Thanksgiving?  So much to do between sports, songs and recitations to be learned, and the regular homework for my son.  Then there are Christmas parties and special church services to attend, not to mention I need to get the Christmas trees up and decorated.


Last Saturday I took out this Christmas tree skirt kit I purchased a few years ago.  It is a Mary Engelbreit pattern, and after I purchased it I opened it up, started reading the instructions, and decided it was too complicated to even think about.  Sometimes I will think about things, ponder them, and then attempt them later.  Last Saturday I decided that I usually hate the instructions in these patterns so why not just do it the way I think would be best.  Guess what?  It is going together better than I thought it would.  I was hoping to have it almost finished by this weekend, and I do have all the trees and bushes done, but I haven't started the gingerbread houses yet.  I'm going to try to post progress often from now until Christmas and hopefully after 18 years, this year we will have a finished skirt under our tree.  Every year I decorate the tree and my husband smiles and says, "so, do we have a finished skirt this year?"  Every year I have to answer with a sheepish "no."  So think good thoughts, hopefully this year will be the year!


I did finish five more pockets this week too.  YEAH!  There aren't many to go, but there aren't many days until we start opening them up.  Hard to believe that soon it will be December.   Tomorrow night is the FNSI, don't forget to sign up, I almost did!!! :)

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stitching!!  -Kristen

3 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

It looks cute. I'm sure you will finish it in time. Good luck!

Wendy said...

Your tree skirt is looking cute, I think you will finish it this year! The advent calendar is going to be lovely.

maggie said...

Just love your Christmas Tree Skirt! Really lovely. Thanks for sharing.