Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More hexies....

Well, I finally got out the GO! and the Sewline glue pen and got to work.  It is amazing what you can accomplish in a few hours.  Now I have to say that because my other grandmother's flower garden quilt has been in the works for over 10 years, and hundreds of hours have been spent cutting, basting, and sewing those hexagons together.


This is just a fraction of the fabrics so far, and I'm trying to decide if the plain middles would be better or should some of the prints be in the middle.  Any suggestions?  Looking back now, I'm wishing I would have gotten more of the blues...but while going through the fabric I'm realizing what a hunt I was on to even find most of them.  There are some fat quarters and some 1/4 yard cuts.  There are even some 1/8 yard cuts.  I remember going from shop to shop just to find the fabric.  I do have to say I'm glad I saved them. The GO! and the Sewline glue pen are really easy to use.

Hope you have a wonderful and productive Wednesday. We are linking with Work in Progress Wednesday at http://freshlypieced.blogspot.com/.  There are some amazing projects posted on there.

7 comments:

Linz said...

Oh!! Those hexies are adorable! I love the colors!!

Lindsay Conner said...

So the Go is a time-saver! Awesome.... it's amazing what technology can do. :) Very pretty!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I think mix it up a bit on the centers. They look great so far. I see you have one there with a print in the center already. I like it.

Unknown said...

I think it can't hurt to throw in a few patterned centers.

Quilt Genius said...

WOW! I think it would take me months to sew that many hexies...but then again, I don't have a Go.

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Wendy said...

I love the soft colours you have chosen for your hexies Kristen, and I like the patterned centre too! Wendy

Just Sew Sue said...

Which Go dies did you use?