Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring is here...almost

Spring is here, according to the calendar.  I'm looking out the window at the snow we got yesterday and I'm wondering what happened to those beautiful warm days we had . We are all ready for warm weather and some sunshine.  I have the sunshine today, but it is seriously cold out.  Guess that means I just have to stay inside and finish something else. :)


This first project is from Little House Needleworks and it came in three parts.  It was so much fun to do and I can't wait to get it framed. I think it will be perfect in my office.

Then there are my snowmen.  I love snowmen...not in April, but once November gets here, I'm ready for the snow to fly.  Minnesota never seems to fail me, especially this year. 

   






I had taken a punchneedle class a couple of years ago and it was so fun I started this project...and then ran out of thread.  I found the thread this weekend and finished this one up.  Now I am thinking I should tackle a couple of more...something bright and springy maybe?



Once again I have two more grandmother's flower garden blocks completed.  I lay out all the blocks and dream of it being one huge quilt.  They really didn't take very long to complete this time, I think it was all the frustration of my son being sick, the dog being sick, the thunderstorm that was going on, and my just praying that all that water wouldn't run into my basement.  I'm looking at my basted hexagons putting all possible combinations together, dreaming of it being completed, hoping and praying that it will be by the end of the summer, and believing it will be. :)

Thanks for stopping by....I'm having so much fun finishing all of those things I started at one point and had to leave for some reason or another.  It is funny, my husband used to tease me that I never finished anything...now he is asking if there is anything left....oh if he only knew. :)  (Course he does now doesn't he?)

No comments: