Friday, April 5, 2019

Union Square Sew Along

Hi Everyone!  It has been a long time in between posts, and I will have a lot to share soon.  Today is another Fat Quarter Shop Sew Along, and this time it is the Union Square block. 



There is a little more involved with making this block, and if you take your time it is well worth making sure the points match.  This is such a nice picture with sunshine in it (we have had a very long winter, and I can't wait to see the sun again!).

I decided to make mine into a mini quilt.  I was able to try a few new ways of quilting, and with the smaller size, it was easier to maneuver while free motion quilting. 

The link to the free block pattern is here.  And you can check out the FQS video here.  There is also a pattern available for a quilt made with these blocks here.  Have fun sewing this up, and I'd love to see what you do with this block.  Happy stitching!!!  --Kristen