Friday, May 24, 2019

Charm Pack Tree Skirt

Hello everyone!  Wow, this year is slipping away, and in fact, my son's high school graduation is tomorrow!  June is just around the corner, and I know it seems like it is too early to be thinking Christmas, but it isn't.  The Fat Quarter Shop has another sewalong, and it is for a Christmas tree skirt.  This one is fun and fast to make, and with all the really cute holiday fabrics arriving in shops now, it is the perfect time to sew this one up and be ready when you are too busy come November/December. ;)


This pattern requires a few charm squares, a background, and a cute binding.  I chose to use Christmas Figs by Fig Tree.  Don't worry if you think the binding is going to be difficult, Kimberly has a video on how to do that too on her YouTube channel.  Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year, so even though I'm looking forward to some warm weather and summer, Christmas will be here before we know it again, and I'm ready!

You can get the pattern here and watch a video tutorial for the tree skirt here. If you make this, I'd love to hear what fabrics you used and see a photo.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

No comments: