Sunday, January 20, 2019

Penguin Party

The last 10 days have been very eventful, from a freezer dying (NOT fun), some medical issues with family members and friends, to a niece being born last Sunday.  I got called at 5 a.m. to stay with the other little ones while the baby was born which was exciting, and it also means I need to get a baby quilt made and quick.  


When I started this quilt I had the intention of only making 9 penguins, but the more I made the more I loved them, and I couldn't stop at just 9.  So I thought I'd make 12 and ended up with 20.  :)  We had a beautiful snowfall this weekend and woke up to snow that sparkled as well as really cold temperatures which made the perfect setting for these artic guys.

There are three sizes of the penguins in the pattern which makes them so cute.  Of course after I laid them all out I realized I had forgotten to put the half square triangles on the bottom of a few of them, so I did a little unsewing, added them, and was ready to make a top.  I've ordered my backing and binding which should be here this week and I'll be ready to quilt them up.  I'd love to say they will be ready to use by the end of the month, BUT I'm not going to say that just yet.

Next up I'm going to choose a pattern, do some cutting, and get that baby quilt going.  I'm trying to decide if it will be flannel or cotton...I'm leaning towards flannel.  ;) Happy Stitching!!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely fantastic job you have done here. And Thank you for sharing with us
clipping path

Amira_littlemushroomcap said...

this is so cute!!!

Amira_littlemushroomcap said...

this is so cute!!!