Monday, February 4, 2013

Snow!

We finally have some snow.  Usually by this time of year we have a base of feet not centimeters and this weekend we received about four inches +/- an inch or two and everything is white and clean looking. For a while our grass was starting to look green.



There is nothing like a clean white snowy background for a few blocks.  I took my sewing machine in to be cleaned and had to figure out how to use my old machine again.  It took me a while, but I finally figured it out.









Once again these are all fabrics that I never would have chosen to put together, but they work.  There are not many stars left to do so the decision is going to have to be made soon on what type of applique I am going to use.  I am steering towards machine applique, but I think that may be a bit slow going until I've done a few blocks as I am not fond of unsewing.

Stash Report

Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 2.5 yards
Added this Week: 2.25 yards
Added Year to Date: 10 yards
Net Used for 2013: -7.75 yards

I went to this crazy quilt store super bowl sale yesterday.  They had 25% off all yard cuts of fabric and evidently everyone needed yards and yards of fabric because the store was so packed you could hardly get in.  I bought 2-1/4 yards for backing for two quilts.  As I left my sewing machine there for cleaning, I will not be able to do any quilting until I get it back, but the quilts should be pinned and all ready to quilt before then.  I also received good news from the doctor late Friday night that all the skin cancer was removed and the margins are clear, now to just get everything healed.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

Hi Kristen. I am so happy to hear that the Dr. got all of the cancer.I hope that your recovery is fast and painless.
I just love reading your blog and seeing all the things you are making. The Stars are beautiful. I Know the quilt will be very beautiful as well.
I live in the South so when we get snow, it is a big deal. We got our first snow Sat. and I couldn't believe how big the flakes were. Some of them were at least 2 inches in diameter--no kidding. But it was so warm it didn't stay on the ground. It did snow some more at night and stayed for a couple of hours the next day.
Have a great night!

Wendy said...

Oh that is good new about the skin cancer, I am so pleased for you and hope you are healing well. Love your stars as always.