Friday, February 1, 2013

Where Has This Week Gone...And A Winner!

I had no intention of going this long between postings.  It has been one of those weeks that a person can never plan for, and one I hope I do not have to relive again ever.  I ended up having not one but two biopsies on my arm for skin cancer.  The first one did not have clear margins so back I went and I now have 10 stitches and a 2-inch gash (incision) on my left arm.  Please, please, please wear sunscreen...no tan is worth going through this.  My son also had the stomach flu, so needless to say, it has been less than fun around here.  I did make a few stars though...






I have one more star cut out waiting to be sewn together and another one that is waiting for a new piece of fabric as I cut the center square wrong (actually I cut it in half).  Even though I know I could have used a different one, it was such a pretty fabric, I wanted to use the same one.


And now for the winner...thank you for all the lovely comments and great ideas for its use...the winner is...

 Emily C said...Love your patchwork dresden. Very nice. Can't imagine trying to sew those tiny blocks.
 
January 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM
 Delete  
I've sent you an email Emily.  Thanks for entering, and there will be another giveaway soon!  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow! Prayers your way, and I'll definitely remember the sunscreen this summer.

Joyce Carter said...

So sorry Kristen. I hope everything turns out okay for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Mara said...

I hope everything comes back clear, this time is so scary for you, wishing you the best.

Wendy said...

Poor you, I hope your arm is healing well, skin cancer is scary. Love all your beautiful stars.