Monday, February 18, 2013

Progress

As you can see I spent a good bit of time working on my embroidered hexagons this weekend.  They were so relaxing, and it is so fun to see them being close to finished.  Of course now that I see progress I'm trying to figure out how I am going to cut the finished ones off and get them attached to the hexagon flowers without affecting the embroidery waiting to be finished.  I am getting so excited to see this quilt to the end.


I changed my floss colors to DMC 3051 (green) and 3726 (pink).  They match the colors perfectly in the hexagon flowers.  I just have the yellow centers to finish and then I can move the hoop.  I've also spent quite a bit of time researching how to applique the blocks for my Stars and Sprigs quilt.  I'm not completely sold on doing machine embroidery, and I've ordered a stabilizer that is supposed to help with the hand applique.  Doing it by hand may take a little longer, but maybe doing a different technique will make it not seem impossible.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

5 comments:

JudyT said...

First time seeing your blog -- from Patchwork Times, but that hexagon is going to be gorgeous. Great idea for doing them that way!

Katherine said...

Looking great. Cant wait to see it all come together.

Lyndsey said...

I popped over from Freemotion by the river. Great blog and I love those hexies. I like the idea of embroidery in the middle. I will save that idea for the next hexie quilt.

Sandra-Kay said...

From FNSI. I love your hexies, would love to see it as it comes together so I'm going to join your followers.

Sue said...

Love this method, I haven't stitched any of mine yet! looking good!