As you can see I spent a good bit of time working on my embroidered hexagons this weekend. They were so relaxing, and it is so fun to see them being close to finished. Of course now that I see progress I'm trying to figure out how I am going to cut the finished ones off and get them attached to the hexagon flowers without affecting the embroidery waiting to be finished. I am getting so excited to see this quilt to the end.
I changed my floss colors to DMC 3051 (green) and 3726 (pink). They match the colors perfectly in the hexagon flowers. I just have the yellow centers to finish and then I can move the hoop. I've also spent quite a bit of time researching how to applique the blocks for my Stars and Sprigs quilt. I'm not completely sold on doing machine embroidery, and I've ordered a stabilizer that is supposed to help with the hand applique. Doing it by hand may take a little longer, but maybe doing a different technique will make it not seem impossible. Happy Stitching!! --Kristen