Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lots and Lots of Quilting

Today I decided was going to be a quilting day.  I have had it in my mind that I need to be practicing my machine quilting and today was the day.  Two of the quilts that I pinned earlier in the week were not my favorite quilts, in fact, it was very hard for me to even take them out and work on them.  I didn't like my fabric choices and one of them was so old it bothered me.  But then I started thinking that they would be the perfect quilts to practice on.


I loved these fabrics and I loved the pattern, but I do not love them together.  Now that it is quilted, I'm liking it a lot better and that is because it is square and lays flat.  I am going to use this as a table topper and a lot of it will be covered up.


I have thought for a long time about how I wanted to quilt my houses quilt.  I decided that I would use a lot of different techniques that I learned in my machine quilting classes.  I did end up taking some quilting out, but overall, I'm happy with it.


I even tried the loops over the squares and I realized if I am relaxed it goes well, if not, well then I do a little unsewing.   I now have two ready for binding...my absolute favorite part of quilting.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Nope hate binding. Well hand sewing it all down that is lol. Love your quilting and they have come up excellent. I need to get a few flimsies quilted this winter too.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Yay for you! I have found that while doing the binding a quilt that isn't my favorite often wins me over. Or maybe it's just the thrill of a finish!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

They look wonderful and I have the fabrics from your second one. Binding....not my favorite other than when it is done....I'm done! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday