Thursday, April 26, 2012

Swamp Angel

The name of today's block made me giggle a bit.  Two words that do not seem to go together are swamp and angel.  As I was working on it I remembered how my grandmother had bought me a needlepoint kit and taught me to needlepoint when I was 10 years old.  We were spending long days at the hospital as my great grandfather had surgery and recovered.  We would sit and stitch and talk and laugh about silly things, and I just know she would have thought it was ridiculous that this block was named swamp angel.  I think I need to do some research on the name.


This is a 12-inch block and the pieces seemed huge.  Maybe it is due to all the 10-inch blocks from recent days or usually there are four pieces across, not three.  Definitely an easy stitch.  I think I've said this now a couple days this week which tells me a really tough one must be right around the corner.  :)  This is block number 117 of 366.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Oh, I like that one. Love the colors. xo

Roseanne said...

This is a very nice block I agree it is a funny name for a block.

Jacqueline said...

love the fabrics you choose.