Saturday, April 7, 2012

Salt Lake City

Today's block is a 12-inch block and was a fun puzzle to work out.  I'm not so frustrated anymore with the way some of the pieces are cut, and I actually look forward to figuring out how each block goes together.


You can see the seam I did not press the best shows how bigger triangles are cut instead of doing half-square triangles.  Maybe I'm the only one who looks at blocks like this and automatically starts thinking half-square triangles, but this way worked out great.  I think it took about 25 minutes from start to finish and what took the most time was choosing the fabrics to use.  It is block number 98 of 366.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Richard Healey said...

Look one for my city. Where did you get the pattern for this block? I live in Salt Lake City and though I could not resist commenting on it.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://juliadawnhealey.blogspot.com

Kaye R said...

Another set of beautiful blocks. This must be a real eye opener for you. You must be looking at blocks and quilts with a whole new light. Each time I see our blog I think " that is my favorite" and then you post another.........