Friday, April 6, 2012

Baton Rouge Square

I decided to try another different color combination today...blue, orange, and the usual background white.


Something this block of the day is forcing me to do...get out of my comfort zone and try some new things.  By not having a specific "plan" I'm free to experiment and try new color combinations that I can honestly say I would probably never try.  I just know that when I start putting these all together they are going to work.  I also know that I am really changing as a quilter, things that I used to avoid at all costs, I can't and won't avoid any longer.  One thing I really need to work on though is my machine quilting, and that is definitely in my "plan."  This is a 10-inch block and is number 97 of 366.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Very pretty, I love the pop of orange with the blue.

Michelle Olsen Sasak said...

Every day, I love checking my Google Reader and seeing which new block you've made. They are all so cheerful & pretty. The one the other day reminded me of spider legs too! I'm looking forward to you hitting block #100. Are you going do a celebration post when you do? I got the box in the mail today with the Cape Ann FQ bundle, and the fabrics are gorgeous! My youngest daughter insisted on petting them :) Thank you so much!