Friday, March 17, 2017

SO Ready To Be Back!

It has almost been a year since my last posting.  As I sit here and think about all that has happened, I'm sad thinking about all that has been, but so excited to think about what is to come.  I've experienced two surgeries, tests too numerous to even mention, and now I'm dealing with things that are going to take too much time to heal to try to guess when that is going to happen, and others that are just going to be the way they are forever.  I decided along with my physical therapist it is time to start quilting again.  Usually quilting is my way to deal with troubles, this time there was none of that since my hands were the trouble.   It takes me a little longer and I've had to find new ways to do things, but I'm excited to see the progress I'm making.  It is a little like riding a bike, once you get back on and start pedaling, you are just fine!



I started working on Miss Rosie's Cracked Pots a couple of weeks ago so I could join in with Thelma's at Cupcakes and Daisies sew along.  This quilt is so much fun to make.  There is a little bit of everything, so there is no getting tired of one aspect of the quilt.





I'm using Kimberbell basics fabric and the colors are wonderful.  They are bright and cheery and work so well together it is exciting to start cutting the next set.  I'm using quarter yard cuts rather than fat quarters, which means I am cutting differently than suggested in the pattern.  I'm also not making my backgrounds scrappy...but you will be able to see more of that the further I get into the quilt.




My cobblestone blocks are complete and ready to be organized and sewn together.


And so are the half square triangle units.


Now to start sewing together the houses.

It seems even a little bit of sewing time a day shows results.  I am also going to be participating in the Long Time Gone by Jen Kingwell Sew Along, so I have plenty of projects started.  Fridays will be my sewing days with hopefully postings on Fridays or Saturdays.  That is the plan anyway, and I'm excited to start sharing again and sewing along with others.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

7 comments:

Rina Mason said...

I had medical issues in 2015 thru current and know where you are coming from. I sew as much as I can and even if it's just a little it makes me feel great. Glad you're back.

Needled Mom said...

Glad to see you back and quilting again. It sounds like it is the best therapy.

Charlotte M. said...

Happy to see you and glad you are able to quilt again. I know how much you must have missed it. Happy thoughts for continued progress.

beaquilter said...

Quilting is GREAT therapy! not cheap therapy but GREAT :) glad to see you back to sewing...

Debbie said...

It is so good to see you back! It sounds like we have both been through a lot in the last year. We need to talk!! I am in Southern California until the end of the month, and then back home. Maybe we can get together then? Again, I am so happy to see you posting again and hope things are getting better for you.

Patti said...

Good to see you are back to quilting. Sorry to read that this past year has been a tough one for you, but it sounds like you are adapting and forging on.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good to see you back. Quilting helps us heal and is great therapy in so many ways.