Monday, March 27, 2017

Building Houses

Its Monday, which means Friday I did not spend sewing, I spent it finishing our taxes.  But I did find time on Sunday to do some piecing.  These houses are time consuming, but so fun to make.  The best idea was to cut everything, label all the pieces, and start chain sewing.


And in no time it seems I had some finished houses.


They are all so bright and happy...


I wonder how fun our neighborhoods would be if we actually all had houses these colors.  ;)  (It would never work).

With nine finished blocks I'm almost half way done with the houses and it will be on to the pieced border before putting the whole quilt together.  I have to say I really am enjoying this sew along with Thelma.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

I'm doing the vintage farm girl and living all the blicvks

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

I'm doing the vintage farm girl and living all the blocks

Thelma said...

I've never seen a house block I didn't love. Great start.

Wendy said...

there are some places in the UK that have multi-coloured houses. My brother used to live in Totterdown, Bristol - have a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/bentite/5553578643