Saturday, April 19, 2014

Worth The Wait...and FNSI

WHOO HOO!!!!  It is finally finished and ready to go.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I should say first that this is one of those projects that has taken YEARS to finish and was done on a budget...like we found the wood in an old barn and my husband cleaned it up and made it into something beautiful.  The only money spent on it was for the machine lift.


A drawer for everything, everything in its drawer, and there is a lot of room for growth.  (I can hardly stand not being down there and sewing.)


The best part...the side piece comes up so when I'm quilting those big quilts or sewing the bindings on the fabric won't pull when it is hanging over the edge.  I think I will use it more than I ever imagined as it is the perfect height for my light box and should make tracing embroidery designs simple!   I did realize this morning when he was marking the plexiglass that goes around the machine that I am going to have to relearn how to sew.  I've never not sewn on an odd sized table and always had to sit on a pillow or two so my neck didn't hurt.  You can also see the design wall behind the sewing machine (yes, my talented husband made that too).


Last night for FNSI I worked on Noah, a sheep, a pig, and an elephant.  I figured I should work on some hand work as I am pretty sure my time will now be spent by the sewing machine.  I will also be looking for the perfect quilt pattern to make as a thank you for my sewing cabinet...thanks Brad, I love it!  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

15 comments:

Shari said...

Wonderful table...it will be just lovely for you to work at. Awesome hubby you have. Happy Easter!

Jeanie said...

It's just beautiful and will give you a lifetime of use. I love that it was made from recycled wood and brought back to life in such a great project. Kudos to your hubby for a great job!

Vicki said...

Whoo hoo indeed, can see why you're so excited about that table. Looks like you managed a lot during your FNSI and I'm very impressed you managed to resist using the table.

Rosie said...

What a great jo hubby did. I love it and so handy too.

barb's creations said...

Your hubby did a fantastic job with the sewing table, love it! Happy Easter :) barb.

Cath said...

What a gorgeous piece of furniture. I can see you spending many enjoyable hours of sewing at that desk. Clever hubby!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Mara said...

A tad jealous here the table looks gorgeous, your husband has some amazing talent! Did he go off of a plan, or did you guys draw it up yourself?

Lori said...

Great Finish!! Happy sewing.

Sandra said...

Newbie popping over from FNSI, WOW what an amazing table. Happy Easter

Sharon B said...

What a beautiful sewing cabinet - you have a very talented hubby! Happy Sewing

Maria said...

OMG what a beautiful perfect sewing cabinet your DH has made for you. It was well worth the wait. And a great design wall too.
Love the blue thread you are using for Noah...

Tami C said...

My goodness! What a beautiful sewing machine cabinet! You are one lucky girl!

Jamie P said...

NICE!!! He has enough would left to make me one too right?!?!?!?!

Wendy said...

Your table is amazing Kristen and how special that your husband made it. He is very talented. Love your Noah stitchery too.

Beeje said...

This is a wonderful piece and looks like something from a catalog! My husband is going to build me a sewing station this year and we've been looking at plans and designs. I wonder if your Mr. used a pre-made plan and if so would you be willing to share or provide a reference? Thank you so much and enjoy your new "toy!"