Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Anvil

Today's block was a bit of a breather, although I did still have to think about it.  I hid in my sewing room while my son and husband watched the presidential debate.  I avoid arguments at all costs and I enjoyed being in my happy place the sewing room. :)


Someday I hope to make a quilt with the anvil block and turn them all in different directions to make a design (I can already see it now).  This is number 290 of 366 and it is a 9-inch block.  

I want to thank all of you who commented on my cross stitch problem the other day.  I'm so glad to hear that others have sewn fabric on to pieces that are just a little too short and it has worked well.  I had wondered about doing that, but it really helped to know that it has worked for others.  I am going to finish it and will continue to show my progress as I work.  This weekend is a long break for the kids from school and I'm hoping to have a little extra time to spend on the Quaker Christmas.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

i would reather sew than watch the debates be glad when the race is over. so many people on facebook are a little too much so i have just about give that up to

FabricFascination said...

That's a lot of anvils, can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wonderful block! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday