Friday, September 21, 2012

Wild Goose Chase and We've Got Light

Some days I feel like I'm on a wild goose chase...and then I wonder what in the world I'm chasing.  It seems there is never enough time in a day to do all the things I want/have to do, and yet when I start thinking about it I would not have it any other way.


When I started working on my block this evening I realized it was quite dark over my cutting table.  We have overhead lighting so I figured I should finally replace a bad bulb.  When I opened the light I realized I had two burned out bulbs not just one.  Now that the bulbs are replaced I can see so well.  I then decided I should probably change the needle in my sewing machine as I can't even remember the last time I did that.  Two simple things that took a minimal amount of time sure made things better.  I think tomorrow I had better check out my rotary cutter blade.  It also makes me wonder if the women of long ago used to get together and tell each other they replaced the wick in their lanterns and they could see so well.  :)  This is block number 265 of 366 and it is a 10-inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Wendy said...

This block and the last are beautiful, I love flying geese blocks.

Josie said...

Another beautiful block... perfectly pieced. I'm off to check my rotary cutter blade right now... and the lamp... and.... ;o))

Anthea said...

What a great post Kristen! Good light does indeed make such a difference... you are doing so well with all these blocks, what on earth are you doing with them all?!