Saturday, September 1, 2012

Little Red Schoolhouse

Whenever we go to my husband's family cabin we pass a little old schoolhouse a couple miles before we arrive at the cabin.  It is a very long drive, and when we stop by the little schoolhouse my husband always say, "I used to go to school there."  Our son used to say, "but dad it is so old now and it doesn't have a front door anymore, no one could go to school there."  Then we will laugh and I will have to break the news that my husband never attended that old run down school, but some kids did long, long ago.


Whenever we pass that old schoolhouse I think of the TV show Little House on the Prairie and imagine the kids walking to school with their lunch pails and little girls with braids swinging.  Of course the boys probably had a few frogs in their pockets.  :)  This is block number 245 of 366 and it is an 8-inch block.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

3 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

great block!!

Friendship Crossing said...

Very cute schoolhouse block and cute story to match!

Stop by for a visit sometime.

Tanya

The Kim Six Fix said...

I love the schoolhouse block. And oldie but goodie!