Saturday, September 8, 2012

"B" and a Big Blue Surprise

Today's block is fun because I have a lot of people in my family who have names that start with B.  I doubt I would ever make a B quilt for them, but it is fun to associate the block with people I love (my  husband, my mom, my father-in-law, my dog).


The odd thing about this block is that the little triangle is applique...I was not expecting that..I thought the entire block was pieced. I think if I made it again I would try to figure out a way to piece it.  My fabric is a little too see through to just applique it over the blue.  This is block number 251 of 366 and it is a 7-1/2 inch block.

Now for the Big Blue Surprise....My girlfriend and I were talking a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned that her mother had bought a raffle ticket and won a beautiful quilt that weekend.  We were both discussing how fun it would be to win something like that and how nothing like that ever happens to either of us.  That week I had entered a punch needle project at the state fair.  I have never entered a punch needle project in anything before, let alone the state fair.  The competition there is fierce and I did not expect to see this when I got there...


I knew before I went that I had won, but I had no idea that I would receive anything like this.  So my friends, do not ever think that you can't achieve something.  It may take years of trying, but anything worth accomplishing is worth the work!  It may not be entering the state fair, it can be anything you want to achieve be it big or small.  Now I'm trying to decide where to hang this beautiful ribbon.  The snowman is also going to find a special place in our home...and honestly, I think it will be the Christmas tree. :)  And about that drawing for the fabric and rulers from the Blog Hop...Barbara, you have until Saturday, September 8 at 10 a.m. central time to contact me, otherwise I will be drawing another name (quick, if your name is Barbara check your facebook messages, I know you have seen it, you need to respond).  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

6 comments:

beaquilter said...

congrats! funny how the ribbon is huge compared to the snowman. hang up the ribbon in your studio!

(you have word verify on btw)

giddy99 said...

WOW! That is FANTASTIC! Congratulations on your win!

Jamie P said...

Cool--curious to see if my mom notices you made her "famous" mentioning her quilt win on your blog!!

Katherine said...

congrats! it is a great achievement for you

Wendy said...

Congratulations on your win, your snowman is gorgeous. You have made lots of fun blocks lately too.

Lisa said...

Yipee for you! Thanks for partcipating in a fair.