Thursday, April 12, 2012

Coronation

What a regal name for a block.  This block has 62 pieces in it, and it was also one of my favorite blocks to make.  I love the challenge of a block with a lot of pieces in it.  I also think it would be fun to make about 42 of these blocks, put them in a quilt, and each block would be a different color.


This is a 12-inch block and is number 103 of 366.  I'm so serious about making this into a quilt that I have actually pulled some fabrics to do it...course I'm not quite sure how many blocks my fabrics will make so I might just end up with a wall hanging.  Tomorrow night is the April FNSI so maybe I can actually get it cut out!?!  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Karen O said...

I love this one! The color is perfect. Kind of like a crown. I hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

You've been looking at my blog! LOL I got the wrong day too. Its next week 20 April. I'm doing mine now anyway as it suits me better

Anthea said...

I love to visit your blog Kirsten, to see your progress with your 366 blocks. I admire your skill & I'm sure you will end up with a masterpiece to be pleased with.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous block, it would make a beautiful quilt.