Monday, April 23, 2012

Corner Star

Today was one of those days where I just cried pretty much the whole day.  We've had a rough couple of weeks and I do so well for so long and then the flood gates open and I just need a day to get rid of all the yuck and move on.  In between the tears and prayers I would look at this block and think that this was not going to be enjoyable.


I have no idea why I thought it would be difficult, it wasn't and it didn't take that long to piece together.  I'm actually finding that this is my most relaxing part of the day.  I'm doing something I love, it is quiet, and I'm able to use my brain to do something that may be challenging but rewarding.  After this year is over I have to wonder if I won't continue to go down to my sewing room each evening and sew one block together, or quilt something, or maybe even finish a binding.  I think a habit is forming here and I hope it isn't one that is lost with time.  This is a 12-3/4 inch block and is number 114 of 366.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

4 comments:

Wendy said...

This block is beautiful, I love reading about how you are enjoying this new habit. I hope you are ok, my friend, you are in my thoughts and prayers, Wendy xx

Anonymous said...

Hope tomorrow brings you loads of happy sunshine! We all get like that with tough times. We have finally been told the neuro doesn't need to see my hubby for another 12 months Yay! If you feel the need to talk just email me

marcella said...

Your block is beautiful. I'm glad it was easier than expected and providing a bit of comfort for you too.

Vicki H. said...

I love this block and I was looking at all of the blocks you have been making and WOW are they great. I think you have a habit now!!
Hope your week is going better, we all need a day to "let it all out" then move forward. I have had one or two of them recently myself. Now I am done with them. :) Happy Wednesday.