Friday, February 16, 2018

Hunter Star Block/Quilt

Ever since I can remember I have wanted to make a hunter star quilt.  I love the stars, but was not excited about putting those points together.  When the Fat Quarter Shop asked if I wanted to make a block, I was all in.  I knew they would find an easier way to make these stars, and did they ever.


When I made the first block I was not seeing it.  I had more Diving Board fabric by Alison Glass and continued sewing.


Four more blocks and I'm seeing where this is going, and I'm getting really excited.  I kept thinking, it seriously cannot be this easy.


But it was, and now I have a great quilt to snuggle under.  I also tried sewing my binding on by machine and that was great, so I can check this block and new to me way of binding off the list of things to try.  You can find the pattern and an instructional video here.  I will be back tomorrow with progress on my Village and City Tile sew along quilts.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

No comments: