Saturday, January 6, 2018

Happy New Year!!

Well, it seems all the end of the year holidays have passed us by, and it has almost been two months since I have posted.  A few days after my last posting I began a job search which has been less than exciting, frustrating, exhausting, and was taking everything I had just to participate in.  It always comes when you least expect it, and there are days I don't know what to do because I'd love to believe that perfect job will just land in my lap.  Haha!  So I've stayed away from my sewing room, and I decided its a new year, and time to get back to what I love most...creating.


It is my hope to finish the started projects that have been pushed aside to make room for some fun new ones.  As you can see we have snow, and it is was -6 F when I was out trying to photograph this.  It is almost all quilted, needs binding, and then it will be ready for Christmas next year.  This pattern is Have Yourself a Quilty Little Christmas by Lori Holt.  I used Nancy Halvorsen Christmas fabrics which are bright and fun.


This quilt is This Way and That Way from the book 12-Pack Quilts by Me and My Sister Designs.  I used Fig Tree Coney Island fabrics and love how it is turning out.  It needs borders and to be quilted and bound.  It is my goal to finish both of these in the month of January while participating in the One Monthly Goal Link Up.  Hopefully I can motivate myself to actually finish something big each month (and take my mind off of looking for a job).  I am wishing you a happy, healthy New Year, and that you are surrounded by those you love!  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck with your quilt projects and I hope you find work soon..........

Marly said...

It's a lovely top; good luck in getting it quilted this month. With such temperatures I should think the more quilts the better!

Patty said...

I really like that quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project!

KatieQ said...

I love the Christmas quilt. Lori Holt always designs great patterns. Good luck with the job search. Sometimes, when you least expect it, the perfect job appears.

Laura said...

Good luck on the job hunt and on finishing up your quilts -- they are both beautiful. I especially love the one using the Coney Island fabric.

Barb Neiwert said...

Job searching is the pits. But keep up hope that a great opportunity is just around the corner for you! One just never knows. I love both your quilts, but This Way and That is intriguing in its design. Best wishes for the perfect job!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good luck with your job search. Love Nancy Halvorsen holiday fabrics. Such gorgeous colors. Your quilt is wonderful. So is the This Way and That Way quilt.