Friday, August 18, 2017

Pretty Handmades

I can't believe another month has flown by.  I guess the beautiful weather, changing jobs, and trying new things have kept me more than busy.  My son had schedule pickup today for school which made me realize summer is fading fast and soon we will be missing the longer hours of daylight and hot and humid weather.  It also shows me just how much I love the change in seasons.

I had promised to show you some of the secret sewing I had done for Lauren Wright's new book "Pretty Handmades: Felt and Fabric Sewing Projects to Warm Your Heart."  Lauren has such a talent for making beautiful things with felt and fabric, and each completed pattern is a project I know will be loved.  


This is the Bloom Cushion Cover.  Lauren loves to combine embroidery and English Paper Piecing, which of course is right up my alley.  :)


The Flower Friends Pincushions have to be my favorites of all the wonderful patterns in the book.  They are so adorable, and seriously, I think I could make a hundred of them just to have around my house.  As you can see, they look so cute sitting with the flowers too!  I have more to show, but will save that for another day.  Thank you Lauren for allowing me to participate in this project, I enjoyed it immensely!

On a personal note, I've been making a pincushion a day for the month of August and have been sharing them on Instagram.  If you would like to see them daily you can follow me at @kkmeadowbrook.  If you aren't on Instagram, not a problem, I will be sharing them here also.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen


No comments: