Monday, May 18, 2015

Have You Ever Had a Dream?

I have dreamed of going to Quilt Market for over 20 years.  Twenty years of watching it come and go and not being able to attend.  This year my dream came true, I actually got the opportunity to attend Quilt Market and all I can saw is WOW!  It was invigorating, inspiring, educational, and overwhelming all at once.  Everything you could ever want for quilting, it was there.  At one point we just had to stop and sit down because everything all in one place was almost too much for a person to take in.  I'm sure the seasoned veterans could laugh at the expression on my face because yes, I was the deer in the headlights!




I had planned to take photos, but I didn't.  There wasn't enough time, but I did think to get one of the doors opening up to the most wonderful displays of creativity.  My drive to create is renewed, I'm inspired again, and I'm ready to get back to my wonderful sewing room to make some of those dreams reality.


My message today is this, don't ever give up on something if it is really what you want.  Am I completely there yet, no, but after 20 years of waiting, I finally got to do something I actually was beginning to think would never happen.  I keep reminding myself, it is all in the journey, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me.  Happy Stitching!!  --Kristen

2 comments:

evelyn said...

Kristen, I am so happy for you that your dream came true. The photos you did not take are all recorded in your mind-they will inspire you for a long time to come. Happy journey.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you had a great time and fulfilled a dream.........